As your HeartMath coach, I will use this program to introduce you to simple, practical techniques that can help you de-stress from challenging situations, big or small. You’ll learn strategies to build your resilience and boost your ability to “take charge” of yourself by better regulating your energy throughout the day, a key in building and sustaining your resilience. Resilience gives you the benefits of better sleep, improved teamwork and morale, the ability to deal with difficult people and increased ability to focus, process information, solve problems and enhance creativity. Exploring the energy-management concepts can help you see where you may be draining your energy and depleting your reserves, which can keep you from being your best. You may discover in some cases the source of your stress is not what it may appear to be.
Of primary importance is practicing the science-based techniques you will learn that change the way your body’s physiology responds in stressful situations. As with most things that are worthwhile, it does take effort to build your resilience. The skills you will in this program are very practical and can be used on the go, no matter what you are doing or where you are. Then, automatic stress reactions won’t dictate how you feel, respond or perform, whether you’re at work or at home.
It’s important to recognize that we all experience moments when we feel in sync and “on top of the world,” when we enjoy projects and interactions with family, friends and colleagues. Certain events and interactions, though, can disrupt those feelings. The techniques you will learn can help you get back in sync and back on track faster, right in the moment. No one will even know you’re using them!
I’ll ask you to practice these techniques often during the program so they become more familiar and automatic, which will help to build your resilience and give you the ability to maintain your composure and clarity, even in more challenging situations. I’ll help you understand when and how to apply the techniques. You’ll also see how to Prep for, Shift and Reset and also how to Sustain yourself during and after any challenging situation or interaction.
Many people around the world, individuals, like yourself, and people in a variety of organizations use the HeartMath System.
The resilience-building skills are taught in various training programs tailored to specific types of audiences.
The HeartMath System is used by:
- Businesses, nonprofits, hospitals and health professionals that want to improve the culture of their workplace environments and reduce escalating health-care costs.
- Police, fire and corrections organizations that want to improve their personnel’s ability to respond effectively and appropriately without the depleting effects of prolonged stress.
- Schools, universities and youth agencies that want to improve student behavior and academic performance while lowering stress.
- Olympic teams and elite athletes who want to gain an advantage in their performances.
- Military personnel seeking to build stress resilience and reduce post-traumatic stress disorder.
- So please keep this in mind, besides being a HeartMath Mentor and Coach, I am also a Certified Trainer, who can bring these principles and techniques into your business or workplace, or any organization you serve in.
The HeartMath System is an evidence-based methodology.
The HeartMath Research Center, independent researchers and universities have published numerous studies that validate the HeartMath System.
These studies have been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals.
Among many other journals, HeartMath’s research has been published in the American Journal of Cardiology, Global Advances in Health and Medicine, Stress Medicine and the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. All material presented in this program is backed by research.
A link to the research page can be found here:
There are three keys to getting the most out of this program:
1. Log into your online coaching portal often to review the Building Personal Resilience material frequently. Here you will find all the resilience-building lessons and important concepts covered in the program, as well as downloadable PDF and worksheets.
2. During the live sessions you will learn the HeartMath techniques and we will discuss the various topics. I am here to support and encourage you as you learn how to apply the techniques to your specific challenges and situations.
The techniques can help create a feeling of greater ease and balance while plugging energy leaks by creating more coherence in your system. I’ll also show you how to make the most of the energy-renewing situations and the feelings you associate with them that you will identify in the first week of this program.
3. Make a commitment to yourself to practice the techniques recommended. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it.